Thursday, December 30, 2004

Art and stuff

So one of the cool things about living in LA and Pasadena in particular are the museums that are nearby. In October I was able to visit the Huntington Library where I saw an original Guttenberg Bible, an original Canterbury Tales, as well as Thomas Gainsborough's "The Blue Boy" Which interestingly once had a dog painted at the boy's feet, but was then painted over. There is a cool x-ray of the painting that shows the dog.

Anyway, today I was able to go to the Norton Simon museum with Katie and her parents. It was so cool, to see paintings and sculptures by Picasso, Renoir, Monet, Degas (who has some weird sculptures like "Woman wiping her left armpit" [I'm Serious]), and other famous dudes. And being a student, I got in for free. How cool is that?

So, my artistic culture is being widened by being out here and it is fun.


The other thing of interest is the preparations for the Rose bowl are underway. The parade route is about two blocks from where I live. I will be working till 2 am on new years eve and then at 4pm the next day, so I may be able to see the parade. Some friends are possibly going to spend the night there so maybe I will join them. ALso, it appears that The Ritz Carlton is the home base for the business end of the Rose Bowl Parade etc... No teams, but lots of rich folks I guess lol

Happy New Year!

Richie

0 comments: