Wednesday, December 15, 2004

So you wanna work at the Ritz-Carlton do ya?

The last two days have been quite long.

On Tuesday I drove all the way across town at 6 am to go to an orientation for the Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Rey. I am hired at the one here in Pasadena as a Valet Attendant, but they didn't have an orientation here this month. Or so I thought. When I got there I found out they had scheduled one at Pasadena and had never let me know. So I could have slept in and not spent four hours of my day in traffic. Let me rewind and say tha tagain so it can sink in. FOUR HOURS OF MY DAY WERE SPENT SITTING IN TRAFFIC.

So today I went to pasadena to complete my orientation. This time when I show up I am told that Iwill have to wait another month because I didn't attend the first day of orientation at Pasadena.

After the initial heart attack I asked why they had me sit through a whole day at the other Hotel if it didn't count. Apparently there was miscommunication(duh) and I was really ok.

But It was just really frustrating. The orientation sessions themselves were really great. The head staff led all of the sessions including the General Manager spending over an hour of his time with us. So I was impressed by all of that.

The hotel itself is amazing. So beautiful. I will be spending all of my time out front attempting to drive stick...which I can't do very well. But I suppose I will get is someday soon.

I would say that last night really ended up being the highlight of an already amazing week.

Katie and I got to hang out and watch Office Space before she left for home this morning. The best word I can think of to describe it was 'comfort.' I just feel at ease around her and I also feel at ease with the fact that God is in charge of whatever will happen between us. There is no need to rush things or whatnot.

One of the things I have struggled with in the past is the question of "Am I loveable?" God has really been showing me how that question is just bunk. When I realized that I am loveable for the simple fact of being God's child, I also realized that that can help eliminate the fear of rejection.

Anyway, the moral of the story is: God is in charge, and I have faith in his guidance.

OK, so this post was a little heavy, but I promise to post something funny soon. :-p

0 comments: