Saturday, February 26, 2005

Joshua Tree

So last night I decided that we would do something random. Thankfully, Katie trusts me enough to not have to ask questions when I decide to be fun. I had her put on some warm clothes, and we drove 3 hours to Joshua Tree National Park to watch the stars. That was simply breathtaking. We decided that we might as well stay the night and watch the sunrise together. Trouble was, we didnt have a tent or blankets or anything, so it made for quite a humorous sight as we became contortionists and attempted to sleep for a couple of hours at a time. Finally at about 5am the sun began to break over the horizon. We drove around a bit and really witnessed a beautiful sunrise. And as I am sure has happened thousands of times there, we finally broke out U2's Joshua Tree album and listened to it. Never has Where the streets have no name been more real to me. The best part was hearing that opening as the sun bore down brightly on my truck while we drove up a road that actually did have no name, and then listen to Bono sing about the desert plain. By the time the song finished we reached a spot at 5100 ft that overlooks the entire mountain valley of that area. Perfect.

So it was a great 12 hours or so. There were some crappy things that happened to us as we got ready to leave, but in all honesty, I would rather just remember the good parts right now.

We took some pics, but they didn't all come out very well. I will post some when I get them from Katie though.


Aside from that, I am still waiting to hear back on some jobs, and all that fun stuff. There are some rough moments trying to make things work out, but I know that it is not in my hands. At the end of the day it is God's actions that will remain, and not my own. Please pray that God would reveal his faithfulness to me and that I would recognize it and give him glory because of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Richie!! I am sooooo glad you have found a special someone. If Katie loves you - I love her. Please tell her she has a special Aunt Kim who can't wait to meet her. Please take care, and know that I LOVE you like a mother loves her child. You are most definitely like a son to me! I miss you so, and Mema sends her blessings from heaven too!!

Anonymous said...

Joshua Tree park was actually on my wish list to see when I come to california. I think I am going to move it up on the list now!

aaron said...

.....ah.....young love.........

taliendo said...

So glad to hear you sound so happy, Richie. Katie must be a wonderful girl to put up with a git like you. ;)

You'll have to let me know next time you're planning a trip to Ohio. Maybe we can get together and catch up on old times.