Monday, September 22, 2008

The Proclaimers- Two Songs

I have been revisiting The Proclaimers the last few days. Everyone knows 'Im Gonna Be (500 Miles), but I have found that they haven't done an album I dislike.


First a cover of "Whole Wide World" - which to my knowledge was originally done by Wreckless Eric. More recently Will Ferrell sang it in Stranger than Fiction...

Whole Wide World - The Proclaimers


And I couldn't find a suitable/legal way to play a song called "If There's a God," so instead here is a video of Peter Kay and Matt Lucas doing '500 Miles' for Comic Relief last year. It is worth it if only for David Tennant dancing in a kilt.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I didn't know The Proclaimers did Whole Wide World! I love that song!
Of course, I'm also really bad at remembering song titles / artists so it's not a big surprise that I was in the dark.

rheimbro said...

Yeah- I think the album they covered it on is from 2007, so it is a fairly recent version.