Thursday, May 12, 2005

Long Time No Type

Well, It has been over a month since I have posted...... I am sorry :(

This quarter has been so busy, that I have hardly had time to stop and take a breath.

I have been working at Archives (A really large theological/religious studies new & used bookstore) one or two days a week, and that has been really fun. I have always loved books, so this is a great fit for me.

Aside from that I have either been in class or doing homework for class it seems. I have been enjoying it immensly however. I am in my final quarter of greek, and it is starting to get harder, yet more understandable at the same time...i wish I could explain that better.....

I am in a class on incarnation and mission among the world's urban poor. This class has really been challenging me and opening my eyes to the world around us. My thoughts on what it means to care for the poor have dramatically changed. If you wanta book that will convict you and then push you o a point where you are encouraged to take action, I recommend Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger by Ron Sider.


My Systematics class is probably my favorite class right now. We are studying ecclesiology and eschatology. I am so excited to learn about the different approaches churches take to defining what it is to be a part of the church. It was really fun to be learning about the Roman Catholic tradition in the midst of the election of Benedict XVI. I am finding that I have a heart for Ecumenical studies. I am not sure what that means afte rmy masters. I know I want to pursue a doctorate of some sort, but I am not sure what yet....


The other thing that has really be great for me recently has been som things with the Vineyard Church, both as a who, and on a local level. I am so blessed to be a part of The Hub, my church here in LA. We are still so small, but we are growing in heart and in size (little by little). Going from the megachurch of Vineyard COlumbus to a 30 person church plant has been quite a change, but totally where God wanted me to go it seems.

On a more national level, I have been listening to some of the session from the national conference last week. It really is an exciting time to be in the Vineyard. We are ripe for God's moving in our midst and I pray that he would bring us to a deeper level of serving him as a church body.

And of course, things with katie have been just as great as ever. We have been together 5 months now, and while this has been a tougher quarter for both of us, it has been overall good for us. We are learning each other's breaking points and strengths. She is truly a wonderful part of everyday, and I am so thankful that she still will spend her time with me!




Lastly, I moved across the freeway a couple of weeks ago. It is a nice little place, two bedrooms with a loft. I am in the back bedroom which has its own bathroom. To get to my room you either have to go through the main bedroom, or you enter right through the bathroom, but it is worth it. I am nice and comfy!


This has been a quick runthrough of my life this quarter and I hope I am able to write more soon, I hope this is enough to update some of you though!

God Bless!

0 comments: